RB Cabinets left unpainted will always be made out of a higher grade of stainless steel, than our most commonly used 4003 grade of stainless steel (which is always powder coated).
Unpainted RB cabinets natural finish are always made out of 304 or 316 stainless steel. 304 and 316 grades of steel have better resistance to harsher environments than painted 4003 grade of steel.
The highest grade of stainless steel we have available is 316, which is marine grade with high levels of corrosion resistance. Please bear in mind that 304 and 316 grade of stainless steel will always be slightly more expensive than our most commonly used 4003.
This table summarises the different grades of steel and paint finishes available.
|Applications||4003 Powder Coated*||304 Powder Coated||
|316 Powder Coated||
316 Natural Finish
|Typical urban and rural environments||x||x||x||x||x|
|More corrosive, marine or certain industrial environments||x||x||x|
Stainless steel Natural Finish:
The ‘natural’ finish is a bare metal, but not polished finished (Like the photo of the RB1250 on this post).
* If left unpainted, the surface of 4003 stainless can become discoloured in certain environments (though it’s easily cleaned off if it does occur), so we only supply 4003 enclosures with a powder coated finish.
A quick reminder of the standard colours that we supply to suit typical urban environments:
- Black: RAL 9005 Gloss Black
- Dark Green: BS4800 14 C40 Gloss Green
- Light Grey: BS361C 631 Light Grey Gloss
- Dark Grey: BS361C 632 Dark Grey Gloss
Powder coated at no extra cost (available for all grades of stainless steel 4003, 304 and 316).