These quick disconnectors are available in 2/3/5/16 pin, 20-amp IP68 polarized plugs, connectors and sockets (male plug) and (female socket). The electrical connectors are designed and supplied as factory moulded cable and connector joint to provide dust and waterproof joint, submersible to 6 feet of water when capped or mated. The plug is supplied with a cable tie for fixing to back board with access through door aperture and the socket is supplied with a cable cleat for fixing cable access across duct entry within the access chamber pit. The Poleplug has a maximum rating of 20 Amp, 1000 volts and has a crush proof body.
The Ritherdon Poleplug is the safest and easiest-to-maintain wiring system for Passively Safe Road Products. Which is the Highways Agency approved system for passively safe poles and cabinets requiring emergency disconnection of the power supply cables. Should the signpost, lighting column or cabinet shear on impact, the pole is not tethered in any way by the supply cables.
Features & Benefits:
- IP68 Tested.
- Eliminates risk liability due to preventable fire or electrocution.
- Eliminates the possibility of fire after the accident due to sparking wires.
- Eliminates possibility of electrocution to accident victims, rescue personnel and pedestrians.
- Eliminates damaged splices in adjoining poles.
- Eliminates delayed rescue efforts attributed to exposed wire.
- Eliminates repeated splicing and wire damage after knockdown.
- Allows other lighting columns on the circuit to continue illumination.
- Meets the Break-Away wiring requirements of the Highways Agency.
- System maintenance quick and simple.
- Poleplugallows proper pole trajection during knockdown.
- All cores are European colour coded supplied as standard.
With a design life of twenty years the Break-Away Poleplug is safe, reliable and waterproof to IP68, meeting all the design requirements of the Highways England previous technical advice note: TA89/05, now superseded by BS EN 12767:2007 National Annexe (NA).