PolePlug Break-Away Plug and Cable System
Inc VAT £152.50
This a slow-moving stock item. Delivery can be up to 8 weeks.
PolePlugs are available in 2 pin (made to order), 3, 5, 16 pin and all plugs and sockets are 20 Amp rated.
Cable options are 4/2M, 4/4M, 4/6M, 6/2M, 6/4M.
The Poletech PolePlug is the safest and easiest-to-maintain wiring system for Passive Safe traffic poles.
The PolePlug is also the Highways England approved system for passively safe poles requiring emergency disconnection of the power supply cables. Should the signpost or lighting column shear on impact, the pole is not tethered in any way by the supply cables.
With a design life of 20-years, the Break-Away PolePlug is safe, reliable and waterproof to IP68, meeting all of the design requirements of the Highways England previous technical advice note: TA89/05, now superseded by BS EN 12767 National Annexe (NA).
All Poletech PolePlug connectors have undergone rigorous testing and comply with the requirements of BS EN 60309-1, IEC 60309-1 and BS EN 60309-2 IEC 60309-2. PolePlugs are designed to have protection against foreign objects and water and conform to the requirements of IP68 to BS EN 60529. Break-Away PolePlugs are available in 2 pin (Made to order), 3, 5, 16 pin and all plugs and sockets are 20 Amp rated.
Cable options 4/2M, 4/4M, 4/6M, 6/2M, 6/4M.
Benefits of Poletech PolePlugs
- IP68 Tested
- Eliminates risk liability due to preventable fire or electrocution.
- Eliminates the possibility of fire after an accident due to sparking wires
- Eliminates the possibility of electrocution to accident victims, rescue personnel and pedestrians
- Eliminates damaged splices in adjoining poles
- Eliminates delayed rescue efforts attributed to exposed wire
- Eliminates repeated splicing and wire damage after knockdown
- Allows other lighting columns on the circuit to continue illumination
- Meets the Break-Away wiring requirements of the Highways England
- System maintenance quick and simple
- PolePlug allows proper pole trajection during a knockdown