R22 G Replacement Gas Meter Housing
Inc VAT £107.53
The Ritherdon R22 Replacement Gas Meter Housing is designed to replace an existing GRP Gas Meter Housing that has been damaged but where the standard GRP gas meter backplate is intact, or where there is a need to protect the unit from vandal attack. The extra wall fixings and the strong metal case add extra protection against vandalism.
- Replaces damaged meter housing by hooking onto the existing backplate.
- Gas warning symbol embossed on the door.
- Left-hand opening, with diecast snap-line hinges.
- All units fitted with a slam cam and supplied with a triangular plastic key.
- Option for a keyed cam lock, just add a keyed lock to your cart at checkout.
- Powder coated, 1.2 mm stainless steel.
- Available in RAL 9010 Satin White.
- Ventilation Louvres
- No tools required for basic installation.
- Two cable knock-outs at the bottom to allow for variable incoming cables and through fed cables.
How to install:
The R22G is externally fixed and retrofits to the meter backplate replacing the surface mounted GRP meter box through the use of 10mm flanges on the sides and top of the back of the frame. These flanges along with the spring bracket allow the unit to hook and snap onto the backplate of the existing meter once the old GRP box has been removed. For extra security, fixing holes at the base of the unit can be used with screws to further secure the box to the backplate. No need to disconnect the meter or drill inside damaged GRP box – safer installation in unskilled hands.
See How to Repair a Meter Box for an instructional video on repairing a damaged gas meter box with an R22 door and frame unit.
(h x w x d, mm)
(h x w, mm)
|R22G||503 x 462 x 240||485 x 440||7|
*Please note that to fit over your backplate, the backplate dimensions must be within 10mm of the backplate dimensions stated above.