R17 E Replacement Electric Door and Frame
Inc VAT £106.67
The R17 range is internally fixed and is used when the GRP box is damaged but is still firmly attached to the wall.
- Data Sheet
- Instruction Sheet
R17 Small Technical Drawing
R17 Medium Technical Drawing
R17 Large Technical Drawing
- Covers damaged meter boxes.
- Electricity warning symbol embossed on the door.
- Left-hand opening, now with diecast snap-line hinges.
- All units fitted with slam cams and supplied with a triangular plastic key.
- Option for a keyed cam lock, just add a keyed lock (two for the R17 Large) to your cart at checkout.
- Powder coated, 1.2 mm stainless steel.
- Available in RAL 9010 Satin White.
How to install:
The R17 retrofits to your existing meter box through the use of two vertical fixing plates, one on either side of the inside of the back of the frame. The fixing plates contain a number of holes along the length and width of their surface. The fixing screws provided are used to fix these plates to the inside surface of your existing meter box and secure the unit in place. No need to disconnect the meter – safer installation in unskilled hands.
See How to Repair a Meter Box for an instructional video on repairing electricity or gas meter boxes with an internal-fixing door and frame unit.
(h x w x d, mm)
(h x s, mm)
|Small||623 x 447 x 59||460 x 344||5.5|
|Medium||698 x 502 x 69||536 x 400||6.5|
|Large*||795 x 567 x 69||675 x 479||8.5|
*R17 Large unit has two locks due to its size.
**Please note that to fix over your meter box, the fixing plate height must be less than the inside height of your meter box, and the fixing plate separation must be within approximately 10mm of the inside width of your meter box.
Still don't know whether this product is right for you? Have your measurements ready and ask our automated chatbot system for a recommendation by clicking the blue icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.